Thursday, October 17, 2013

Short Update & 2013 Travel Plans!

Hello everyone!

I have officially arrived back in Kona after a fantastic two and a half weeks away.  I was able to be home for the wedding and spend two weeks with my family, and then on my way to Kona I stopped in Seattle for a few days to get time with my boyfriend and his family.
While I was home I was able to share in my church on what I am doing in YWAM and really felt the Holy Spirit come into the room in a very sweet and tangible way.  It was so fun to be used by the Father to release His love and power to my spiritual family & those who have commissioned me out into missions.  I also held a Dessert Night where I shared in even great detail what God was doing in my life, in Kona, and in YWAM as a whole.  Even though it was only 2 weeks, it was such a full and wonderful time!!

     


Since arriving in Kona I have been so gladly thrown back into the swing of things.  We have over 100 people in the Awakening Track this quarter.  And man are they hungry!!  Although I have only been here a day, I have heard so many stories of what God has already done in the past two weeks of being together.  There is a great expectancy in all of our hearts for what's happening not only in our own lives, but what the Lord is preparing all of us for.  Ever since joining the Track, it has become a beautiful reality in my heart that we never "graduate" from learning, and for me that takes the pressure off of having to "get something" and move on!  I just keep letting simple truths sink into my heart and the Father continues to take me deeper in revelation.

Something I have always faced in my life is fear, but with always learning I am always being challenged in new ways.  I could lie and say that I hate it, and in certain moments it's not necessarily enjoyable… But at the end of the day when I have said "yes" to the Lord taking me somewhere with Him, I am always SO thankful that I did because He continues to break me free of fear and insecurities and I get to walk in the fullness of who He has created me to be!
After arriving back in Kona, about an hour after, I was told I was going to be leading an intercession set.  This looks like about an hour of leading 200 people in praying for revival in the world-wide church.  Seems pretty simple & easy, but instantly I was hit with fear.  Instead of sulking in it, I just said "yes" in my heart.  And you know what?  IT WAS AWESOME, ha-ha.  I felt so encouraged, free, alive, and full of joy when it was all over.  When we say yes to the Holy Spirit, He always comes.  We never have to fear being left!  No matter the circumstance or situation, He is always there.  He really is our strong tower, He really is a rock to stand on, He really is peace itself and love Himself.  It is so comforting to know I can trust Jesus to be who He says that He is!
I am also leading our "family time" in the Track tomorrow which is about an hour and a half with over 100 of the most wild-eyed revivalists who are hungry for the presence of the Father and fullness of what He has for our lives.
Needless to say, it has already been a full time back and I am thankful to be doing what I love to do!

I have a few fun updates on my plans for the remainder of 2013 and my travel dates!

Brave Love - from November 7th-12th I have been invited to Pasadena, California for a gathering of women called Brave Love.  The heart of this gathering is not that we would have a conference, but that we would become love activists.  We will be trained by women around the world who are living the message of love and be trained in becoming a messenger to a generation that is starting to see Jesus in our own hands and feet.  For this weekend I need $600 for a ticket and about $100 for food while I am there.
For more information on Brave Love please visit http://oneloveus.org


Strike Team - If you remember last March I was able to go to Amsterdam for two weeks where we worshiped, interceded, and served the YWAM base there.  We were able to lift up the arms of the ones who have been planting seeds and plowing in a place that can tend to get very heavy.  We were able to refresh the staff, pray and get life-giving words over each of them and give them a hope for what they are doing in Amsterdam.  Our time there was so fruitful that they have asked us to come back for another two weeks!!  We prayed and felt so honored and heard a clear yes from the Lord, so on December 1-15th I will be leading, along with Blake & Shannon Casteel, a group of us from the Awakening Track back to Amsterdam.  For these two weeks I will need $2,000 for my plane ticket, housing, food & transportation while I am there.


Home for Christmas - After Amsterdam, I have two free weeks where I am going to be able to visit Seattle with Shea (my boyfriend), and then we will both spend about 10 days in North Carolina for Christmas.  After this I will head back to Kona for the beginning of the January Quarter.
In order to go home, I will need around $2000 for my plane tickets from Amsterdam to Seattle to Charlotte then back to Kona.

I ask that each of you would pray and ask the Lord if you are suppose to give to these next three months!!  I am currently in the process of saving money and miles to be able to go on these missions trips but would love to have each of you be a part of the story that the Lord is writing!
If you would like to give financially, please email me back and I would love to give you options.
It is also possible to transfer miles over!! So if you have any extra that you would like to donate, we can talk about that too.


Thank you for already being a part of what the Lord is doing in my life.  I love to be able to share the victories & struggles with you.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support for my heart.
I love you all!  Have a wonderful day.

-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment