Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Season . A Fresh Journey

I decided to re-do my blog for a couple of reasons. 1) Plain & Simple: it just needed a new look, something fresh. 2) The Lord has called me out again, and what better way to kick it off with something that entices me to write, and pulls you in to read!!
So here is what is going on in my life...

After leaving Kona (Hawaii) when I had finished my DTS with YWAM, There was this part in me that was extremely devastated to leave. I'm sure you are thinking "Of course she was! It's Hawaii!"... And yes, that may have something to do with it... but the truth is this: Jesus made Kona a home for me in 2010, a place that will always be in my heart, a place where only certain feelings come alive, a place where I come alive... And to leave this place was to leave a home, was to leave a season that I did not want to end. But, I knew that for that moment, it had to end.
As I returned home, something in my heart knew that I was going to go back. When? I didn't know. For what? Even more clueless. But while my season for Kona, Hawaii was over for the moment, it definitely was not over forever.

One thing led to another and I was right... or rather Jesus was right, haha. I am headed back to Kona. I will still be with YWAM, but this time I will be staffing a DTS and I could not be MORE excited about this season of my life!! The DTS is "Call2All" and their heart is for Intimacy with Jesus, for rising this generation up to go out and make disciples, to encounter Jesus... No matter what it looks like or what it costs - and I could not express more how this is my heart as well.

I will leave for Kona on February 7th. For 2 months I will be under training and preparing for up to 50 students to come. In April, they will arrive, and off we go!! For 3 months we will be training them, teaching them, walking with them through life... Then in July we will set out into a different country for 3 months. The team will be split up, to create a more intimate and united team, and we will share the love of Jesus to everyone He leads us to, for 3 months.

So as I head out on this new journey... I just want to state my heart, to express my desire for this generation, and to ask you to pray for me - that the Lord would give me strength, provision, and that above all His will would be done.

My desire is to see this generation be ruined for anything else but Intimacy with Jesus, walking with a fire in their hearts, and endurance in their bones. So many times we get on fire, and then let it die... That's right, WE LET it die. Sure, there are seasons and a time and place for everything, but for the most part, all those who have fallen away from the Lord (in my life), have let it happen... And it's a sad thing to see, and I'm sick of the enemy winning. I want to see and be a generation of love, without fear, and full of grace for one another. I want to be surrounded by people who know who they are, who they were created to be, and live it no matter the cost. I am ready to see a generation of No Compromise-rs. And what better time than now?

We all need hope, the whole world longs for love, every single person desires acceptance... Why not take what we have been freely given, and go give it out to the desperate, the dirty, the homeless, the poor, the rich, the clean... It doesn't matter what they look like, what matters is that we start to see them as our Abba sees them, and treat them as He does...


Please pray about if the Lord would have you help me raise the $5,000 I need for these next 8 months. If you would like to do so online, please click the "donate" button to the left of the page, or email me at oceansroar@gmail.com.



For more information on Call2All, Please click HERE

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your such a beautiful person!
    I am so glad that you are on fire for Jesus with all of this ministry you have been doing at such a young age!!!
    I am glad that He is giving you another time in your 'journey' for you to go back and minister to those in need of Him!
    Honestly, you are one of the few in this world that I see trying to make a change in this world and personally...that makes me Smile!
    I always love reading your posts because they are always so uplifting!
    So I say, "Go for it!" For the lord will bless you and anything you do for his sake!
    I will definitely be praying for you that you will let God's light shine!!! :)
    God bless you girl!!! <3
    - Destiny

    ReplyDelete