Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rest is a Weapon

Over the past months, as I've been preparing to leave to staff in Kona, I've had this thing inside of me that's been saying "Man! It's gonna be so good when I get there!! I can't wait to feel the Lord like I did when I was there. I'm so hungry and I can't wait to just get there and START LIVING like I love to live." As my heart felt these things, the other part of me felt like this "I know that Abba lives inside of me, and I know that He is everywhere, therefore why do I only feel Him a certain way when I am gone? Why do I feel Him and feel like I know Him so much better when I am not home?" It has been a reoccurring pattern in my walk, and it's gotten very frustrating to be honest with you. I don't like it, and I've tried to break it. But I was trying to break it by patterns of religion... if I just spend 5 extra minutes with Him, if I just read the Bible a little more, if I just "DO DO DO" then I'll know Him and feel Him the way that I use to.
So... this past month, I've been stepping out of religious habits. I've been doing less and less, and I've been resting more and more. And let me tell you, it's rocked my world far beyond what I expected!! And so as I step into this new season staffing in Kona with YWAM, I am not saying "I can't wait to get there" anymore. Although, I am overly excited about it!! The Lord has shifted my heart & perspective, and He's begun a beautiful process of renewing my mind, breaking off my old habits, and showing me how to walk out of religion and into friendship with Him.
I will dare to say that I have experienced more of the sweetness, more of Jesus, more of Truth, more of Love, More of Jesus Himself in these past couple of weeks being at home, than I have in months and months put together. And it's all come from resting in Jesus. Because, as we all know, or I hope that you get rocked with... "Rest Is A Weapon". And it's a powerful one. Because the enemy wants us to go go go, and get so caught up in the things of life, rather than the creator of life. And when we choose to rest, when we choose to put on these wonderful spiritual blinders that God has given us all, and we just let go and focus in on the creator... He becomes all the matters, not just in our mind, but in our hearts.

So I want to encourage you to stop going crazy trying to do things to get more of God. There is definitely a season for different things in our lives, but I believe that the Lord is bringing many of us into a season of REST, into a season of breaking off the "Do Do Do" mentality & pouring out His perfect peace, that surpasses all understanding over His children.

He is SO good! So so good, and His love is just ridiculous. Go in peace. Go rest.

Also: you can read Luke 10:38-42 if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment