Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time to Come Alive!

Oh Jesus you are SO good.
It's 3pm and I'm in California.  Yes, you heard me right, CAL-I-FOR-NIA. I've never been here and might I say so far, it's everything I hoped it to be and i've only been here a little bit.  I am outside in the backyard of the Gibbons house in a little neighborhood in the heart of Irvine.  Trees, purple flowers, green grass, perfect 75 degrees (my favorite) with a slight breeze.  Did I say how at peace I am?  Well... I am.  You see, before getting here, we had quite a journey.  Our team changed 4 times, we lost all housing and transportation 2 days before leaving... One thing after another came our way to take us out.  My father said on the phone as I talked to him about everything going on, "You know it's because the enemy is about ot be taken out so he's using anything and everything he can to distract you and take you out before he is." we've only been here a few hours and he was right!  Did I mention we got all 7 weeks of housing 20 minutes prior to boarding the plane?  And in the house with me is another girl who is gluten free?  Needless to say the enemy is being taken out and whatever tactic he might have simple WILL NOT WORK.  Why?  Because we've already won... The victory is already ours - now we just live it out.  So i push past the pain in my joints that continues to get worse, the ache in my stomach and this attack of confusion on my mind because I know we have glory in tribulation and it produces perserverance, which prudces character and character HOPE.  Hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the HOly Spirit who was given to us [Romans 5:3-5].

Breathe in.  Breathe out. The winds come and go through the trees and the birds whistle their tune.  Thank you Jesus.  You are Faithful.  There is NONE like you.  ONLY you satisfy.  You've won my heart over again and again and again.  I am yours forever and this outreach is yours for the wrecking.


It's a freedom you've never known or seen and it comes by realizing the love of the King.
It's your Fathers hand behind you, It's my voice all around you.
It's no fear and it's no restraint.  It's living out love & beauty with Kingdom strength.

It's piercing to the eyes.  It goes straight through stone hearts.
It's alive & fun and It's about to run.
It opens the closed & brings light to the dark.
It's unlike any other thing and it's released from your heart.

Spread your wings & become alive
For this is why you were created to fly.
Break every box. Shatter every fear.
For the Kingdom of God is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment