Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love from a father from the Father

I just went through a really rough past couple of days, don't worry I got out alive and better than before ;).  I felt tired, burned out, confused, out of place, worried, sad & lonely.  I called my dad, my earthly dad.  It felt so good.  I was brought back to being a little girl...  I didn't have to hide anything or have it all together.  It didn't matter that my voice was cracking as tears began to fall on my knees as I was bent over... I was in the lap of one who loves me so much (or it felt like it atleast).  Someone who will always approve of me and delight in me.  I was with the one man whose been there with me since birth... He knows my ups, He knows my downs and he knows my in-betweens.  I was myself; broken and needing a touch.  His words of wisdom, love, comfort & encouragement began to come through the phone... From Connecticut to Irvine California, straight to my heart.  It was renewing & strengthening.  It gave me hope & healed my heart.  I felt my daddy and I became years closer within 30 minutes... And it wasn't by striving - it was by letting go, by getting low & receiving love as I poured out all I had.

All this from a man, born into sin but redeemed by the Grace of God.  CHOSEN to be my dad, and me chosen to be HIS daughter.  Both being trusted with each others hearts.  It was beautiful.  It was a picture of my heavenly Father.  If my earthly dad can love me even an ounce of what I know he does, HOW MUCH MORE! my heavenly Father... who is perfect, who created love... who is the whole definition of love and perfection, wholeness and holiness...


"My God is greater.  My God is stronger.  God you are higher than any other!"
"And if our God is for us, then who can ever stop us?  And if our God is with us, then who can stand against?"


Oh the beauty of the reality of my Father.  I am loved, protected & heard.
I am comforted, lifted up & preferred.
I am delighted in.
My Father is proud of me.
I am a kings daughter...
Accepted - Anointed - Authorized.

Who is this King of Glory that He would love me?  In my sin he loves me... so much that He gave His son, to die a painful, bloody, nasty death so no longer would a veil seperate us but so it could be torn by the King Himself so His bride could be face to face with her maker.
There is no greater love than this.


"If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who seek him."  - Matthew 7:11

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:31

1 comment:

  1. Lizzie,

    I don't think my last comment posted so I will post another one. Maybe later they both will show up.

    Anyway, thank you so much for what you wrote. I love you so much.

    I am glad you are doing so much better.

    The new picture on this site looks like you are sitting at a table with a suite case full of the Father's treasure.

    I love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete