Monday, March 12, 2012

Whirlwind!

The only word to describe this past week would be whirlwind.  I couldn't explain to you all thats happened, but I will try!  At the beginning of the week, I was planning on moving to Wilmington NC with my best friend.  Well, I walk into work on Tuesday and receive an opportunity for a promotion, to be one of the Office Managers.  I am sure you can imagine my surprise at this, especially since I have only been employed there a little over 2 months.  I knew this was the Lords favor, so I decided to pray about it.  On Thursday night, I was praying and really just wanted the Lord to only make one thing go right, this way the decision was easy.  But I knew that He wasn't do that, and part of it was so that I would really seek His heart, receive His perspective, and go after His face in this time.  So this past weekend i went to Wilmington with my parents and younger brother.  It was such a fantastic time for all of us, and the Lord really began to speak a few things.  During my time Thursday night & the weekend on Wilmington, the Lord spoke a lot, but it wasn't on direction; it was about my heart.  He brought me back to many journals entries, over 6 months ago, about seeking His face and that He would give me clarity when I had to make decisions.  He spoke about how my heart is the most important thing, to guard it & to go after the things in it with all that I have.  Over the weekend my dad asked me a question, "Lizzie, if you could go anywhere and do anything, if peoples opinions didn't stop you and you really went where you were fully alive, where would you go?" Immediately my heart knew, "Hawaii".  The thought of this scared me a little bit, because I was nervous that I would use Hawaii as my crutch, but then the Lord revealed to me that that was part of the reason I stayed home.  He has used this six months to ground my faith, to stir up my hunger for His heart, and my roots have been brought deep into His soil.  All of the fear was erased and He brought hope to my heart again.

My heart for the nations cannot be described, and when I get around people who have that same heart beat, I come alive.  I was made for something more than the ordinary, I was truly made to thrive in the extraordinary & the supernatural.  I believe the Lord has put a desire in my heart, that for this season, will be quenched while being in Hawaii.   I will be on staff with Fire & Fragrance and will be joining some of my best friends on the Leadership Track they run on campus.  Some of this will include: prayer room staff, ministry into the town of Kona, serving the campus in needed areas, staffing DTS, staffing schools and leading outreaches, participating with another pioneer community, teaching in schools, and ministry trips.  The point of this track is to raise up a generation sold out for the Lord, living a lifestyle of honor and respect, worship and intimacy with the Lord.  It will be an intense season of seeking the Lord for the present and the future and investing in relationships as well as training and preparing for all He has for my life!!  I am extremely excited and expectant of what will happen and all the Father will be doing during this season & I cannot wait to see it all unfold.

At the moment, I will be leaving for Hawaii at the end of this month.  I am still in need of a plane ticket so that date isn't sure yet.  I will also need a minimum $600 a month in support.  This will include all of my living expenses; housing & food, gas for transportation, and other necessities.  If you feel the Lord putting it on your heart to support me either monthly or one time, please feel free to call me at 704 724 1175 or email me at oceansroar@gmail.com.

You can hear more about my journey with YWAM by clicking here ---> "Going Deeper"
And you can hear more about how you can be a part by clicking here --> How You Can Be A Part

Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers.  God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. "I was made for something more than the ordinary, I was truly made to thrive in the extraordinary & the supernatural."
    This line is what I know in my spirit about you. It is the only reason I can accept letting you go.

    I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete