Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 1 - Leadership Track

Friends!!!  Oh I am so happy that I get to share a little bit of whats happening around here!  It's already been over 2 (almost 3) weeks since I arrived in Hawaii.  Part of me feels like I just got here, and the other part of me feels like I never left.  With each and every day that passes, the confirmations about me being here have increased so much.  Not only have I had words from people confirming it, but the work that the Father has done in my heart already is unbelievable.  Needless to say, thank you for supporting me so much in coming back - the Lord has blessed it!

For the first couple days I got here I just rested, tried to get over some jet lag, and was getting settled in to my place here.  I thought I was going to have a week to get settled, when all of the sudden I was asked, with another friend, to take on a huge role on the campus.  With the Leadership Track, you have a practical service that you are committed to for 4 days a week about 3 hours a day.  It's part of the Servant Leadership that they value here.  So for mine I was asked to take over as Work Duty Coordinator.  Basically what this means is Erin and I have the job of connecting with every department on base (about 50 different ones), and placing 400-500 students in those departments for a certain number of hours a week for the students community service.  So we took it on!  Now if any of you know me, you know I love that type of work... computer & administration, so I fit right in.  Just yesterday we were able to get everything settled, and man did it pay off!!  It's so good to work hard for something and see the result of it.  So many lessons come in serving not for your own gain, but fully for the enhancement of others.

The Leadership Track officially started Monday!!  About 50 of us are here now, living in community with each other to the best of our abilities.  I have only known these people for not even a full week, and our hearts have grown so close.  That's part of the confirmation for me.  I love relationship, I love community, I love fighting for each others hearts, I love the messy & the reward... It's where my heart comes alive, and the Lord knew that.  So He surrounded me with 50 fired up women & men who want one thing: The fullness of Jesus in every area of their lives and the lives around them.

Before I was a little vague on what the Leadership Track is, only because I myself really didn't know, haha.  I knew the Lord wanted me here, and I knew it was to deeply challenge me, to sift me, and to raise me up as a leader - releasing me into the fullness of what He has.  But I didn't know how they were going to walk that out.  So here is a little bit more in depth of what we are doing.
- Memorizing Scripture (I am memorizing the Sermon on the Mount right now)
- Reading A House That Contends, A Tale of 3 Kings, and Daring to Live on the Edge
- Contending & Intentional Intercession
- Intentional Relationships (Family BBQ nights, coffee dates, Dessert nights, etc.)
- Practical Training & Teaching

With that, here are some of the core values of what makes up the Track:
Flexibility, Zero Entitlement, Ravenous Hunger.
Self-Motivation, Teachable Hearts, Gratitude.
A Heart Without Offense, Boldness, Personal Revival


That is a little of what our week has looked like, and it has been amazing.  I have experienced so much freedom in my heart these past 2 weeks.  One thing that the Lord spoke to me when coming here was that if I allowed Him, He would really ground me in ways I had always dreamed of, but never believed for.  But one of the ways He was going to do it was that everything that I was afraid of, when the opportunity raised, to run fully ahead into it.  So I have started to do that, which has been terrifying and shaking, but SO rewarding & freeing.  One of the ways is that I am singing on one of the teams for the Prayer Room.  Which is basically 2 hours once a week while we have a corporate session of worship & intercession.  I have only done it once, but the enemy is being crushed one step at a time and it's awesome.  It's amazing to see the Lord do some crazy life changing stuff in you, not even when you are seeking it out, but when you're just available and open to Him refining you.  And I really believe that is a lot of what this season is about.

Another part of the Leadership Track is having steady supporters.  When you are in a setting like this, having a lot to do and just serving in so many ways, having a lack of finances can sometimes weigh on you.  I fully believe the Lord wants to pour out and to use many of you in this area.  So, if you would ask the Lord if He is calling you to support me, either one time or monthly, I would greatly appreciate it.  I need a minimum of $600.00 a month to live here and I am very far away from having that settled.
Thank you to everybody, again, who have supported me in prayer and every other way.  You are all such a blessing.  I miss you guys like crazy, but love you so much more and am praying for the fullness of God in your lives!!!

Enjoy some pictures from the past 2 weeks!


[my sweet friend arrow, and an amazing sunset]

 [pool-days & my favorite things]

 [amazing men helping me move into my beautiful little room!]

 [starbucks everywhere i go]
 
[my coffee buddy, arrow]

 [hapuna beach with photogenx dts & holly]

[jonathan.  met in our dts and still one of my best friends after 2 years. so thankful for him]

 [the amazing holly, and my incredible roommates lindsay & lizz]

[some of the track, all eating breakfast together (every morning), and then middle of campus]


I love you all <3!!!

1 comment: