Saturday, June 25, 2011

LA & NY Here We Come!!!

Wow.  Has it really already been 3 months since I started this journey?  I honestly cannot believe it.  In ways it seems like it just started last week, in other ways it feel like I've been doing this forever.  Regardless of what it feels most like, I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything.  I've learned so much, I've grown so much and been set free in so many different ways and depths and it's only just begun really!

I am sitting on my couch right now in my room with so many emotions running through me... 2 of my roommates and fellow staffers have already left, one to Kenya & the other to the Philippines.  Brazil has already been invaded with a team as well... In just a few 4 days I will be leaving as well.

                                                 My Co-Leader & I, Kellye Vetter 
On Wednesday I will be landing in Los Angeles leading a team of 5 amazing woman (Rosemary, Jamie, Rami, Erin, & Nali) with my co-leader Kellye Vetter.  in L.A. we will be going to universities, setting up Open Mic Nights at cafe's, street evangelism, working with orphans and prostitutes, hanging out and worshiping in parks, loving on the homeless and the wealthy all with a heart to love those who have never seen true love, to bring a heart of Kingdom Family into a dry & thirsty land, to set the captives free, heal the sick & raise the dead... We want to live the abundant life we have been given through grace by Jesus Christ everywhere we go... to set ourselves on fire with the love of Christ and allow the world to watch us burn.  After 7 weeks of that, we will transition and fly to New York!!  Our heart is the same for this place, although it will look a little different.  We are partnering up with Models of Christ and working at the Fall Fashion Week.  Some of us will be back stage dressing models, others of us will be interning with photographers and bloggers and also getting into the shows. During this week we will be hosting a burn & partnering up with 3 other YWAM teams to set the tone of the love of the Father to flood through this week.  We will be in NY a total for 4 weeks.  Then we head home!!

That's the outline, but doesn't even scratch the surface of what Jesus will do.  We are expectant to see crazy crazy things happen and aren't afraid to pray faith filled prayers of craziness.  We love Jesus and want to live like it and see other people transformed by it.  It's that's simple and that amazing.  We are so stoked! I am so stoked!!

Please partner with us in prayer if you want to!  America is a hard place, hungry and thirsty for truth, and we fully believe we are entering into these major lands at a perfect time when the people are ripe for Jesus and we cannot wait to see what it looks like.  Thank you all for your prayers thus far!
Please continue following this blog as we travel and I will also post another link soon for our Team Blog that will be updated weekly.

I love you all and miss you a lot!!!

The Whole Team Taken @ Love Feast
 [From Left to Right: Rami, Jamie, Rosemary, Me, Kellye, Erin, Nali]

1 comment:

  1. I'm super proud of you Lizzie! So much goodness in your life flowing into others. Gosh! Can't think about it too much. I might explode. As always, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete