Sunday, February 24, 2013

Amsterdam Outreach - Exciting News!




       I absolutely love being able to share exciting news with you, and that is what I have today!!  As you can see from the picture above, there is a bit of traveling in the new future for me.  And, if you have been on any other forms of media you have seen my posts about a trip to Amsterdam in March!
       I have been in The Leadership Track for just under a year now, and as leadership has prayed, they have felt the Lord call them to take an outreach as a group every 3 months, and I get to be a part of the first one!  The idea to go to Amsterdam was a word that was given to the Leadership Track by Loren & Darlene Cunningham and a few other key leaders on the YWAM base here in Kona.  As they were going over places where we had teams going consistently, they felt a tug on their hearts to send more people into Amsterdam, and asked us to take it on.  Needless to say, we are very excited to see what the Lord is going to do through us!  Here are a few objectives to our trip:
  • Meet with Key Leaders in the city to possibly start Fire & Fragrance DTS' there in the very near future
  • Building relationships to prepare the way for future YWAM teams to be in Amsterdam months at a time
  • Going into the 3 Red-Light Districts to minister to the prostitutes who have been victims of sex-trafficking.
  • Doing prayer watches in the 24-7 house of prayer in the middle of the Red-Light District
  • Working with the organization Serve The City Amsterdam
 
       The more I think & pray about what this trip is suppose to hold, my spirit gets so excited!  We all have felt that we are going to be a "strike team" as we go in.  We have a mission, to revive hearts & bring life to the dead.  We want our lives to be a witness to all those around us.  We realize that our time in Amsterdam is a short 2.5 weeks, but there is such an expectation in our spirits for what the Lord is going to do!! When the Lord calls a people to a place, there is more that He can do in one day than we could do in 7 years without Him.  And the call of the Lord on this trip has been immense!!
       I know that this is the Lord by many different signs, but one of them has been the financial provision over all of us.  In just 2 weeks I was able to raise over half of the money I needed for the outreach, which is amazing!  I was also able to watch my leaders, who have a family of 5, have had over $11,000 given to them within 2 weeks!  The stories go on and on of how the Lord has been so faithful to provide for this trip.  We are all getting very stirred!
       So on March 11th, I will be flying to Amsterdam, which will be my first time to Europe.  I also have the opportunity to go to a couple other places in Europe when we are done.  We have 2 week break before we have to be back to base for the April quarter of schools.  Between March 28th and April 11th, I will be traveling with a few friends to Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and London.  Those two weeks will be filled with seeing a handful of friends that I have not seen in quite some time, visiting other YWAM bases around Europe, investing in friendships, and continuing to dig the wells of our hearts for what the Lord has for all of us in the upcoming months.

       I want to personally thank all of you for investing in not only this trip, but investing in the dreams the Lord has put inside of me.  You have each been a testimony of Gods faithfulness, and a sign & a wonder to my own life.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for obeying the Lord is the biggest and simplest ways.  You have been a part of a story with Jesus that is so priceless.  While we are in Europe I will try to update this as much as I can to keep you in the loop.  If you would like to receive email updates (which may be more frequent), please contact me at oceansroar@gmail.com and I will put you on there!
       If any of you still feel led to give and would like to invest in the rest of this trip, I only need $500 for all the housing, food & transportation while on outreach in Amsterdam.  Please email me at the address above and I will give you multiple options for giving!

God bless you all, have a beautiful week!

-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment